Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Even more!

Yes, I am still here, for all you legions of fans wondering where I've been.

I've been working behind the scenes to bring you some cool stuff, and it is all upcoming:

Tomorrow we will run our first interview with an author who was once a POD'er and gone way commercial.

Later this week (or early next week), I will be posting Qs&As (my Qs, their As) from some of the best folks in New York, both agents and editors. I have compiled a list of questions regarding POD, its status, its future, and so forth. Two editors and three agents have kindly agreed to answer them and I will post them here, one at a time, with a profile of who they are in the industry (but no names, of course--we all know that if they have one positive thing to say about POD that every PODer in the US will be spamming them.)

Believe me--I know how it feels.


Also - you must read this article about how Macmillan (UK) is starting an imprint for new authors where they do not pay any advance but offer 20% royalties. This is not POD related, but it is a sharp sign as to how the publishing industry will change, aka more authors, less investment. Of course, there is the usual complaining from old school editors and agents (no advance?!) but if this imprint takes off, the American publishers will soon copy the model, just like everything else. One way to look at this is that it is a real paradigm shift.

The other way to look at it is PublishAmerica with 12 titles per year instead of 1,200.

We're gonna get to the bottom of this POD thing and see where it takes us.

Oh . . . and more buried treasure on the way, too!

Stay tuned.