Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Luckily, they didn't take anything. Just a lot of vandalism.

I go away for the weekend to attend a friend's wedding and when I return I find my home has been ransacked. Not my real home, this home.

What is with you people? I try reading the comments on my blog regularly but I'm starting to get a headache. I don't want to spend time telling people not to argue, because my regular visitors do not tune in here to read that, but seriously . . . if you get frustrated, kick your television (it could use a good kick.)

Back to business . . .

A commenter left this link for an
NPR article on POD and I wanted to bring it to the front where everyone could see it. More of the same, I suppose--but most interesting: the books they selected to highlight included Sharon Boorstin's COOKIN' FOR LOVE (previously profiled here) and Gloria Hillard's IN THE SHADOW OF THE SPARROW, which, though you would not have known, is currently slated for review here at POD-dy Mouth's Central Division for Literary Inclusion.

And in the you-gotta-hand-it-to-them department we turn one last eye to the dynamic duo over at PublishAmerica who were brave enough to list their tome on Amazon. I wonder just what kinds of reviews they are going to get? Let's just say that is why I remain anonymous. But the best part is, underneath the listing, where Amazon lists "Customers interested in this title may also be interested in . . ." the links (as of this blog entry) are for vantagepress.com, lulu.com and vanitypublish.com. Apparently, PublishAmerica may have "upset a goliath book biz" but they haven't learned how to advertise.

More treasure be a comin'. Keep yer eyes on the blog, mates.