Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Dexter . . . and then some.

I am not one to put watching television over reading. In fact, I rarely watch television unless I am sick or hung-over. However . . . if you read Jeff Lindsay's DARKLY DREAMING DEXTER (or even if you didn't) you have got to check out DEXTER on Showtime.

Not only is the show (at least the premiere episode) true to the book, but the filming is literary in nature, almost akin to an independent film; CSI this is not. There hasn't been a serial killer this lovable (and creepy) since Hannibal Lecter, and Dexter's a hell of a lot better looking than Hannibal. No matter how hard you try, you can't help routing for him. He really can't kill enough for my taste. Check it out and see what I mean.

Well worth investigating, and a must for those who were gripped by the book. I chose to try the first few minutes and see what I thought. I didn't get up until the credits.